Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 13 - End? Or just the beginning

 And so my time in Chile is up.  Today I woke up around 10:00AM to finish packing for home.  After a nice shower, it was time for the group to go out for our final lunch together.  We went to a restaurant a few blocks from the hotel.  Here I ordered a cheeseburger and received a little bit of heaven on bread.  It contained two layers of meat with two layers of cheese to separate them and toasted bread.  I even had a freshly squeezed berry juice to wash it all down with.  This was definitely a great way to end my stay in Chile.
After the long bus ride to the airport, we had finally arrived to our flight.  The endless flight was made better with the nice chicken dinner to pass the time.  I was also able to watch the intense movie with Angelina Jolie and some of the show ‘Glee’. 
The most memorable part of this departure, however, was discovering how much of Chilean culture and language I had picked up during this trip.  I was able to help the Chilean couple next to me with the all-Spanish form they had to fill out for their arrival in the United States.  On top of this, I was even able to have a long genuine conversation with them in Spanish and English.  This is something I would not have even imagined doing before the trip.  It turns out that the man I was speaking with is an engineer at an international engineering company.  The couple left me their contact information, so hopefully when I am applying for Co-ops or jobs, I can use these newfound connections!  The study abroad opportunity in Chile has benefitted me in all ways possible!
Chao!
-Marquis

No comments:

Post a Comment